[AusNOG] Aust Info Sec?

Peter Lawler ausnog at bleeter.id.au
Fri Nov 22 04:49:59 EST 2013

On 21/11/2013 5:21 AM, Tim G wrote:
> I am going to throw it out there that anyone who does accept an offer for Nessus to be run across their network *and* pay $495 for a report for the scan both deserved and required it.
>
> On 21 November 2013 at 4:19:01 PM, Colin Stubbs (colin.stubbs at equatetechnologies.com.au) wrote:
>
> I'll run Nessus against your prefix and email you a PDF for $495 as
> well... Run a mile.

[arguably maybe OT]
Does it strike anyone else as odd that the 'security' at our
pubs/clubs/theatres/sports venues are (arguably somewhat) regulated up
the wazoo but online foo isn't, at all?

I mean, gotta get a background check to deal directly with kids, but
dealing with all their private data and relevant info or testing the
security of said data...

Pete.

PS Sorry about the datestamp offset. Dualboot UTC machine currently in
*doze....