[AusNOG] "It's like grandfather's axe"

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 20:53:46 EST 2013

No, I haven't reported it to the carrier for a while. I think I did at
one point in the past and the result was it went to the testing team
queue, sat there for 2 days until someone got around to looking at it at which point the service had righted itself and job was closed with "no
fault found".

Hopefully this image link works for you:
http://s15.postimg.org/x9eumcdrf/rain_fade.png

The
 rain event was centered on 3pm that day (Sat 16/11). Grey/brown line is
 packet loss (LH axis is %), blue, cyan, magenta is min, avg, max
response times on RH axis.

Yes, there is a continual packet loss of about 0.4%.

 will report a fault on it and see what happens this time, just out of
curiosity. Given the weather outlook for this summer it could be
happening a lot more
 frequently.

regards,
Tony.