[AusNOG] "It's like grandfather's axe"

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Wed Nov 20 18:49:39 EST 2013

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/government-it/telstras-copper-is-nearly-beyond-repair-and-an-absolute-disgrace-union-20131120-hv3mp.html

"It's like grandfather's axe; It's had five new handles and three new
heads. When it breaks, we replace the broken bit. So it's much the same as
it always has been and always will be," Mr Lee said.

<flame suit on>

I am sure glad that my DSL dropouts and bad connect speeds during heavy
rain will be speedily fixed by Telstra. It is also good to hear that the
copper network just needs a bit of a 'polish' to bring it up to world
standards and we will be getting multiple MBit upload DSL speeds when they
adjust it just a little bit. We are sure the clever country.

</flame suit on>

Just my personal opinion.

H.