[AusNOG] NextDC M1 - Out of band transit needed

Tom Berryman tom at connectivityit.com.au
Wed Nov 13 21:21:32 EST 2013

MASSIVE 3/4g struggles inside the halls @ NextDC...

-----Original Message-----
From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Ian Henderson
Sent: Wednesday, 13 November 2013 8:48 PM
To: Skeeve Stevens
Cc: <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] NextDC M1 - Out of band transit needed

On 13 Nov 2013, at 6:25 pm, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:

> I have someone looking for a cross-connect with minimal transit (1mb) and a static IP for some out-of-band access.

As an alternative solution, NextDC recently changed the "no radio emitters" rule to permit 3G console servers within racks. I haven't done quality testing (other than "hey wow, my phone has signal inside this metal box" in our racks at M1), but this might be more reliable than an OOB provider that could potentially use the same IP/DF/metro/whatever as yourself.

Rgds,

- I.