[AusNOG] Voice Peering?

Brad Evans brad at delion.com.au
Wed Nov 13 15:29:59 EST 2013

I too have have the same opinion, although when working with VoIP
providers in the US I was surprised to find that everyone there prefers
to do things via the public internet. All providers (except the Tier 1
guys, of course) looked at me very strangely when I asked to set up
cross connects to them for VoIP.

I guess this thinking changes if you're moving Gbps++ of voice, but at
the small end of the game it's how they do it.

-Brad