[AusNOG] Hackett, Milne and Flanagan Appointed to NBN Co Board

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:18:50 EST 2013

iiNet and NBN aren't considered competitors AFAIK, so there'd be no
conflict of interest in that sense.

I am sure that Simon's shareholding in iiNet is well documented, would have
been thoroughly considered before he was offered a place on the NBNCo
board, and he'd be careful to not let a conflict of interest arise (or
would abstain from any vote on the board where a conflict of interest due
to his ownership of shared in a company that may receive commercial benefit
over any other by an NBNCo decision may be perceived).

This is a massive positive, it's one of the truly sensible appointments to
the NBNCo board as far as I am concerned.