[AusNOG] AAPT Outage

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue Nov 12 08:04:22 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 03:23:52PM +1030, Brad Gould wrote:
> For a contrasting point of view, not everyone uses services from
> operator X, and doesnt need to hear about it when something fails.

We might not use services from operator X directly, but due to the
interconnected nature of this here Internet[1] we can be (and have been)
impacted by outages.  Call volume probably spiked at every Australian
service provider yesterday; I know ours did, and we're a hosting provider,
not an ISP -- I hate to think how residential ISPs get slammed every time a
butterfly flaps its routes.

- Matt

[1] Near-new, one owner, only browsed to church on sundays.