[AusNOG] Mikrotik Routerboard access

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Nov 6 21:53:04 EST 2013

Hi List,

  Recently inherited a Routerboard in production that I need access to.
Unfortunately there was no documentation left and the previous sole
network admin is not contactable. The routerboard is RB1100 (PPC based)
and I have not been able to find any way to get access to even the file
system.

  One thing I am almost positive of - there is a .backup on the device,
but I can't access it's storage.

  I am trying to find a way to either access the device through normal
management means or pull a config or backup from it so I can at least
half attempt to rebuild it.

  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe