[AusNOG] Reminder to fix 1.1.1.0 IP block

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Nov 6 19:54:43 EST 2013

Phil,

This will never be allocated to anyone... and it is only a /24 anyhow..

Cisco actually rolled this out as the default addressing for their wireless
controllers.

Basically as long as you aren't announcing it, it won't do any harm.

The reason some people are, is I think APNIC uses it for some testing to
see how much traffic attempts to go to it... and they use other networks to
assist in this...

Personally, I think it is a non-issue.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve