[AusNOG] Compression Appliances

McDonald Richards McDonald.Richards at vocus.com.au
Mon Nov 4 09:54:40 EST 2013

I think what you're after are WAN Optimisation appliances -- I've heard
from a friend who is more familiar with these that Riverbed are the market
leaders but Citrix and Blue Coat are worthing looking into as well.

Most of the protocol 'hacks' also seem to work better in Windows
environments. The appliances kinda get involved to reduce the number of
transactions over your WAN link, cache common CIFS data etc...

Macca