[AusNOG] What Transit Providers Would You Pair Together

James Mcintosh james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 1 07:19:53 EST 2013

Hi Noggers,

We're looking at adding a second transit provider for redundancy (and hopefully more-or-less even load balancing). I was wondering what transit providers people would recommend pairing together to get the most diverse set of routes. Obviously you don't want your two upstreams to have very similar routes and paths.

As a start I was thinking perhaps a Gang of Four provider plus a non-Go4 provider would make a good pairing but I'd really appreciate the comments of some of the more experienced BGP gurus on the list.

-James