[AusNOG] You down with 313? Yeah you know me! Who's down with 313? The D-B-C-D-E!

Beeson, Ayden ABeeson at csu.edu.au
Fri May 31 20:33:30 EST 2013

That is the exact problem with the 313 clause though, its so vague that the example given is a perfectly legitimate use of it, well within the bounds of its allowable use.

While its a drastic example it illustrates the danger of such vague rules quite nicely.

On the topic of how the ISP's receive the 313 notices, I would also be keen to know how they receive them or if there is an validation done (ringing the requesting party, court issued documents etc) or is it just as simple as the takedown notice emails? If so that's concerning on its own....