[AusNOG] You down with 313? Yeah you know me! Who's down with 313? The D-B-C-D-E!

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri May 31 13:20:38 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 12:52 +1000, Daniel Cross wrote:
> It's been a while since I worked in an ISP, but I remember MPAA/RIAA
> requests coming through via email, which back then we regularly just
> binned.  Which in this regard has been making me wonder....
>

> How are these requests even verified to be real? How are they
> submitted? How are they recieved? Is there a secure communication
> channel? Who, within an ISP, has the authority to authorise the
> requests?  Is an ISP bound to secrecy?  If not, would they please
> publish all domain and/or IPs blocked, as well as their policy for
> dealing with such requests.  If they are bound to secrecy, I think
> this needs to be pushed and highlighted.

last time I did em, no secrecy, how can there be, they are not a LEA.
They also have no oversight, they are mostly dumb arsed bots
that just spew trash, a colleague of mine pointed out to me once when he
took over my duties whilst I was on leave, that one came in for, and we
both verified the complaint for, OPEN SOURCE software, as of then, their
credibility was shot to bits.