[AusNOG] You down with 313? Yeah you know me! Who's down with 313? The D-B-C-D-E!

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Fri May 31 13:00:23 EST 2013

  I can't tell if you are suggesting so or not but MPAA/RIAA would not
be able to issue a Section 313 request based on my basic interpretation
of the legislation (i.e. they are not Australian agencies that protect
public revenue or enforce law).

  BUT a thought that came to mind would be if I had a "cyber-bully" who
happened to be coming from a static IP address, I could potentially take
the complaint to my local police station, and that police station issue
a section 313 request to the owner of those IP's to stop that user
getting online. Potentially.