[AusNOG] Analysis of the Carna Botnet (Internet Census 2012)

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed May 29 16:31:29 EST 2013

I wouldn't say they were 'advocating' the technique, merely pointing out
it is the lesser of 2 evils. I'd much rather go through the hassle of
reconfiguring users routers than dealing with the fallout of customer
financial details being leaked from my system.

I would prefer more someone call me and say 'Hey, i found this on your
network, you should fix', but where's the lulz in that?