[AusNOG] Analysis of the Carna Botnet (Internet Census 2012)

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Wed May 29 12:48:06 EST 2013

> And despite my eye rolling at the current hysteria, I'd still be there
> applauding if the police caught and prosecuted someone who'd maliciously
> wiped live router configs and taken down customer connections just for the
> lulz.

And what about those professional hackers in China & Russia that are
quietly rerouting CPE DNS queries to their 'special' servers? (not for any
lulz mind you, but for real $'s) What can the cops here do about them? I
reckon it is better that your router goes down (for lulz) and you know
that there IS a problem rather than it continuing to quietly just steal
all your stuff for years and years. Better a router that goes down than
your bank account! IMHO

H.