[AusNOG] Analysis of the Carna Botnet (Internet Census 2012)

Parth Shukla pparth at auscert.org.au
Fri May 24 19:45:22 EST 2013

Dear All,

I have made my presentation on the Carna Botnet freely available for view
and/or download: http://bit.ly/auscertcarna

This presentation is on the Compromised Devices of the Carna Botnet (also
known as Internet Census 2012). This analysis is done from data obtained
directly from the researcher. The data used is NOT publicly available for
download.

This was recently presented at the AusCERT Conference 2013. Info:
http://conference.auscert.org.au/conf2013/speaker_Parth_Shukla.html

This presentation is freely available for viewing and downloading as I wish
to spread awareness of the issues raised as a result of the Carna Botnet.

I am sending this email as I suspect many of you will find the contents of
this presentation interesting. Apologies to those who are subscribed to
multiple mailing lists and are receiving this email multiple times as a
result. Please forward this onto any mailing list or any individual who you
think may appreciate the contents of the presentation.

Regards,

Parth

Parth Shukla | Information Security Analyst

AusCERT | Australia's premier computer emergency response team

The University of Queensland | Brisbane QLD 4072 | Australia

t: (07) 334 64537 |e: pparth at auscert.org.au w: www.auscert.org.au
<http://www.auscert.org.au/>

Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary