[AusNOG] Talk in Sydney: "How the Privacy Act Impacts on IT Professionals"

Robert Hudson robert.hudson at member.sage-au.org.au
Fri May 24 11:17:55 EST 2013

Hi all,

Many of you probably know me from SAGE-AU, and many of you probably even
know I'm the current President.  I am very wary of promoting SAGE-AU to the
AusNOG list, but I believe (particularly with recent discussion around
black-holing of IP addresses by some carriers) that this topic may be of
interest to people on this list.

SAGE-AU NSW has arranged a talk to be given at their monthly meeting in
June, "How the Privacy Act Impacts on IT Professionals".  The talk is being
given by Stephen Wilson from Lockstep (who I suspect may be familiar to
some members of this list).  The talk will take place at Google's office in
Sydney on the 18th of June 2013.

SAGE-AU currently uses Meetup as its preferred method of promoting and
allowing RSVPs for our meetings.  If you're interested in further details
of this event, and/or would like to attend this meeting (you don't have to
be a SAGE-AU member to attend, though we'd love to have you onboard if you
find us of interest), please visit the following website

http://www.meetup.com/SAGE-AU-NSW/events/118466752/

I now return you to your scheduled programming.

Regards,

Robert Hudson
President, SAGE-AU