[AusNOG] IPv6 reverse DNS and Mail ...

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu May 23 15:14:54 EST 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 08:52 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:

> Sure. I was talking about the IPv6 world, where reverse lookups will
> initially be way less common, and later, ubiquitously synthesised. In

and when they keep getting blocked they will learn, quicker and sooner
than those on IPv4 did.

> > OK, so for residential customers, well, how many mail servers do you
> > want on your home LAN? I dunno bout you, but I only need one (my sec's
> > are off-site of course)
>
> How many you need now, and how many you think you will need in the
> future is irrelevant. You don't know how many *I* will want, or my
> neighbour down the road, or that bright Chinese kid with the great new
> idea, or the kid with fifty virtuals in his garage who will, when he
> gets them out into a data center or two, be the next Zuckerberg, Page or
> Gates.

now your mixing up home users with business users, bit of a difference
there.

simple fact of the mater is I do not care about those who are incapable
of getting their act together, I use the methods I use because I know
they work and have worked for well, well, over a decade, end of story
really, and I dont care if they are chinese or yanks, or aussies - no
favourites played here.