[AusNOG] Telstra 3g connections and port filtering in the Brisbane area

Mark Tees mark.tees at digitalpacific.com.au
Thu May 23 12:53:54 EST 2013

Hi Noggers,

We have had a ticket come in from a client in Brisbane where they report they cannot get to HTTPS/Port 443 on their server from their Telstra 3g mobile connection. They are saying that they have a number of other customers also on Telstra 3g that have the same problem.

They can get to port 80/HTTP just fine. Pings/traceroutes all look good. I have checked through all possible points on our network and it appears the traffic is just not getting through to us. I have been trying to get the effected customer to do a tcptraceroute for me so we can spot where the packets are getting dropped.

Everywhere else I checked from I can get to port 443 on their server.

Is there anyone around on Telstra 3g in Brisbane that could possibly do a tcptraceroute to port 443 for me?

Also, any pointers as to how the customer could get this escalated within Telstra?

Thanks,

Mark