[AusNOG] IPv6 reverse DNS and Mail ...

Terry Sweetser (SkyMesh CTO) terry+AusNOG at skymesh.net.au
Tue May 21 12:08:44 EST 2013

Shane,

You'll likely get some "feedback" on these remarks.

Yes, you're correct that the industry has some BOFH running parts of the
internet and associated mail servers.

Yes, if clients are not getting email, they complain: you fix your
problems and you notify the sending systems to fix their problems.

Google has never missed putting an outbound mail server online without
SFP, rev dns and other measures in place: delivery is not guaranteed but
missing well know steps to achieve such is not a good policy for any
provider or business.

All up, most of us here are not in the business of fixing the entire
internet's mail servers ...

http://about.me/terry.sweetser