[AusNOG] IPv6 reverse DNS and Mail ...

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon May 20 15:51:26 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 05:06 +0000, Mark Delany wrote:

> I wonder as well. Last time I looked very little of China's IP

Last time I did any serious stats was many years ago, however, dropping
w/no PTR  stopped about 70% crap.

> allocations have reverse entries and, given their GDP is said to reach
> the USA's in a few years and given they are Australia's largest
> trading partner, blocking or quarantining based solely on a lack of

care factor = null -  why should I treat China differently than say,
Germany, Japan,  the UK, or the US.

> reverse is going to mis-identify a lot of genuine Chinese traffic.

and that is OUR problem how?

I mean RFC1912 aint new, it was afterall only written back in 1996,
that's 17 frickin years ago.