[AusNOG] IPv6 reverse DNS and Mail ...

Terry Sweetser (SkyMesh CTO) terry+AusNOG at skymesh.net.au
Mon May 20 14:45:56 EST 2013

I suspect that anyone running an actual server farm that is ipv6 aware
and willing to use ipv6 will have static assignments and have rev dns
set up ...

Given that the default behavior of many mail hosts now is to reject
email from anything lacking (valid) rev dns that would be a major
concern for an ipv6 enabled mail farm.

Sadly, most of the people sending making complaints do not run the mail
server(s) at their organizations.

IPv6 deployment should not be a simple "turn on RA and hope for the
best" for any organization.

http://about.me/terry.sweetser