[AusNOG] the legal consequences of ignoring compliance

Christopher Mclean cjm at ausoptic.com
Fri May 17 10:41:31 EST 2013

What concerned me about this whole thing is the fact that the website owners were not (or could not) be given a reason for the block. It's almost down the track of what business is it of yours that you were blocked. I'm guessing that someone operating a truly inappropriate website will go into hiding the first they find out they have been blocked rather than calling their ISP so the reason for the block should be freely available. I agree would love to see the AFP fry the wrongdoers but there also needs to be an avenue for quickly fixing when they get it so wrong. Withholding info is not a good path forward.