[AusNOG] the legal consequences of ignoring compliance

Beeson, Ayden ABeeson at csu.edu.au
Fri May 17 10:20:08 EST 2013

Cynic time here:

That may have been true some time ago, but these days laws are far more likely to represent the agenda of the political party making them, or in some cases (seemingly more and more) the agenda of the group financially backing said party.

It's a sad but true symptom of a political system that just doesn't seem to have another control built in for the people to show their desires and have them actioned appropriately.

That is unless their relative ministers also share those views and agree it'll be in their interested to back them (read, they will stay elected)

France is a prime case of the opposite, admittedly their people are just much better at getting out there and saying no, we don't want that, but their government seems to truly understand its position as servants of the people, not lords over them.

What's that quote? "The first job of any politician in their first term is to be elected for a second"

To think, I'm this politically jaded at 26, how will I be at 40? :P

Thanks,
Ayden Beeson