[AusNOG] the legal consequences of ignoring compliance

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 17 06:53:33 EST 2013

>________________________________

I don't think you necessarily need to immediately seek legal advice and then trust it blindly. I think laws are formalisations of society's morals. I suspect the concern and outrage expressed here has occurred without any of us seeking legal advice to determine if we should be outraged or not. As the implementers of these measures, we can raise the burden of proof that these measures are legal when we perceive it to be morally wrong. That isn't taking ownership of the legal issues, but it is taking ownership of ensuring they are dealt with correctly and fully.