[AusNOG] DDOS mitigation

Kym Kovan tech-lists at mbcomms.net.au
Sun May 12 16:14:48 EST 2013

On 12/05/2013 3:26 PM, James Hodgkinson wrote:
> On this topic, is there a good non-PHP alternative that I can hand to
> people that Just Works? Every time I've asked this question I've been
> told Jekyll/build-your-own-in-django etc, which is not a solution.

Not enough people are aware that there is Railo and OpenBD that are
opensource versions of Adobe's ColdFusion and the language (cfml) is
having a resurrection in the non-enterprise world (it never went away in
Govt and EWnterprise environments). Free, opensource and many times
better than PHP in terms of performance and security. It has an
increasing pool of applications, CMS, forums, blogs, ,etc., and is
shedding its commercial, pricey image.

cfml on all platforms compiles to java bytecode, is rugged and has
built-in protection against SQL-injection and the other web security
risks. Railo's version is known for its high performance and OpenBD is
very lightweight for limited resource environments.

Railo is here: www.getrailo.org
and the commercial support firm behind it is here:
http://www.getrailo.com/

OpenBD is here: http://openbd.org/

--

Yours,