[AusNOG] DDOS mitigation

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Thu May 9 16:11:05 EST 2013

Gday Noggers,
  We are updating  out DDOS mitigation plan and along the way we have
ended up with a transit partner that has no system to black whole /32's
at the ingress. Most of our peers have a community you can advertise to
black whole an address but this one provider does not they want us to
ring the help desk and log a case when a DDOS is underway. An
unacceptable  plan as far as I am concerned.

So that prompted me look at when the contract of the transit that cant
black whole expires and it's soon. So my question to the transit
providers out there. How many of you have a black whole community or
some other sort of DDOS mitigation strategy that can be implemented with
your partners.

The ones that do that I know of are. PIPE and Vocus, I wont name and
shame the have not's.

Matt.

--
/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
         Fax    1300 133 255     Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         SIP 1300137379 at sip.spectrum.com.au
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/