[AusNOG] Pipe/Equinix Peering Costs

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Fri May 3 19:12:35 EST 2013

You'd think though in Australia it'd be a lot more obvious the financial
penalties for having said filtering. In this case TPG is having to pay a
lot vs a little (or being paid in the original situation). Surely it'd be
better for them to accept the customer routes at a lower priority, it isn't
like its they'd have performance issues (their routers are handling 1/10th
the traffic for their size/revenue compared to US/EU counterparts)?

Also, I think you mean transit-free (tier1?) included? By definition
transit-free wouldn't/couldn't be peering with customers?