[AusNOG] UK server hosting

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu May 2 00:20:09 EST 2013

You will get a lot of responses from the UKnof list, competition is quite
healthy it seems. I did this myself mid last year and ended up with 3-4
providers to choose from.

I have one criticism for Othello. They thought /31's were wierd and that
they had "a better system using /30's" and couldnt understand why someone
would want a /64 of IPv6 because it was "a *VERY* large block for IPv6" to
quote verbatim ... Basically their sales guy gave me the wrong impression
about them.

On the other hand I had a very good conversation with Xifos, they were
most accommodating to what I was looking for, so I give them two thumbs up.
They are based in Reading, so a bit west of London, but that could also be
a good thing if you've ever visited here. :-)