[AusNOG] Global internet slows after 'biggest attack in history'

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Sat Mar 30 03:52:02 EST 2013

Easier said than done.  Are your routes properly registered in a routing
registry?  Is your transit provider including your AS-MACRO in their
AS-MACRO so that, if I'm peering with them, I can filter correctly?  How do
I know that you're the correct owner?

How do I scale this?  At some exchanges I have hundreds of peers, how do I
scale ACLs that large?

This is the internet and not some lovely hierarchy of networks - it's
pretty interconnected and often it's harder to know who to filter where
than you might think.

MMC