[AusNOG] Straw poll: what is your email message size limit?

Samantha Scafe samantha at smellyblackdog.com.au
Tue Mar 26 21:30:34 EST 2013

50mb
100mb Upon request

-----Original Message-----
From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net
[mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Paul Gear
Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2013 10:57 AM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Straw poll: what is your email message size limit?

Hi all,

We have high-up non-technical people in our organisation asking for a higher
email message size limit.  (Ours is set to 10 Mb, which is the most common
limit i've seen.)  We've explained that increasing our email system's limit
won't solve the problem if every other mail system has a similar limit, but
the message isn't getting through.

If you have the information at your disposal, would you kindly reply
off-list with your current email size limit?  I'm happy to summarise the
results for the list.

If there's a better place to ask this, or if someone has already collated
this data for most Australian ISPs, please feel free to point me to the
right place.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

P.S. I'll be asking the same question to SAGE-AU shortly, so if you're on
both lists, apologies for the repetition, and feel free to delete one of
AusNOG mailing list
AusNOG at lists.ausnog.net