[AusNOG] Straw poll: what is your email message size limit?

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Tue Mar 26 11:56:36 EST 2013

Hi all,

We have high-up non-technical people in our organisation asking for a
higher email message size limit.  (Ours is set to 10 Mb, which is the
most common limit i've seen.)  We've explained that increasing our email
system's limit won't solve the problem if every other mail system has a
similar limit, but the message isn't getting through.

If you have the information at your disposal, would you kindly reply
off-list with your current email size limit?  I'm happy to summarise the
results for the list.

If there's a better place to ask this, or if someone has already
collated this data for most Australian ISPs, please feel free to point
me to the right place.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

P.S. I'll be asking the same question to SAGE-AU shortly, so if you're
on both lists, apologies for the repetition, and feel free to delete one
of them. :-)