[AusNOG] dot1q-tunnel and cisco nexus 5000s

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Mar 21 17:19:49 EST 2013

I, too, am interested in hearing *anyones* opinions of dragging tagged vlan traffic across a network like this without the use of QinQ.

Has anyone had experiencing using other protocols, for example, Ethernet over IP, or VPLS or any other of the billion protocol abstractions to achieve something like this?

Does anyone have any *theories* of how to drag VLAN traffic tagged across a non QinQ aware switch setup, for example, over layer 3 perhaps?

All thoughts welcome.

S.