[AusNOG] Commsday Breaking News - M2 to buy Dodo and Eftel

Nathan Gardiner ngardiner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:53:55 EST 2013

I have to give Dodo some credit for actually innovating in one aspect of
the mobile market where the rest of the Telcos refuse to. They offer up to
5 extra SIMs (at a cost, but not too insane) on their mobile broadband
plans, which could be quite useful for 3G OOB or remote services.

$9.95p/m for 1GB plus $50 upfront for 6 SIMs is pretty reasonable for a
bunch of remote devices (and more manageable from a billing perspective)
than what I imagine it would look like from other carriers.

Not sure I am so enthusiastic about the other services offered but I hope
the rare multi SIM offering isn't lost in the sale.

Nathan