[AusNOG] IPv6: Who's dual stacked? Why don't I look stacked?

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri Mar 8 14:38:41 EST 2013

On 8/03/2013 9:34 AM, Robert Hudson wrote:

> a) A register of IPv6 capable/enabled/exclusive applications/operating
> systems/hardwRe? If not, I am happy to start one.

Robert?

Like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IPv6_support_in_operating_systems?
and for CPE
http://getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE and
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/marco_hogewoning/the-2012-ipv6-cpe-survey

Also, when making purchasing decisions, keep in mind RFC 6540 = BCP 177 - IPv6 Support
Required in All IP-Capable Nodes.
If it doesn't support IPv6, it is not RFC-compliant.

> b) A way for me to tell, on the fly, just how much of my personal IP traffic is
> actually IPv6?

On Windows 7?  From the command line,  netstat -s gives per-protocol statistics, so
you can compare IPv6 stats with IPv4 stats for TCP, UDP and ICMP

P.