[AusNOG] IPv6: Where's my tunnel?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Mar 7 16:32:07 EST 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 13:25 -0800, Mark Smith wrote:
    > From: Matt Richards

> > I'd love to turn IPv6 on for our own network, but neither of our upstreams
> > support it (yes, i know, tunnels. no. i'm not doing that).
> >

> Why not? I did for around 10 years.

For me at least, because it was bloody painful (speed)... I enable it on
my pissy little home webserver, but gave up using it for surfing and
pretty much anything else, wont even use it for mail.

I rather zippy websites and stuff, than trying to look cool... not that
I could ever look that but  yeah  :)