[AusNOG] IPv6: Where's my tunnel?

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Thu Mar 7 09:06:06 EST 2013

On 7/03/2013 3:10 AM, Scott Howard wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Michael Biber <mbiber at ipv6forum.com.au
> <mailto:mbiber at ipv6forum.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Umm, HE.net don't have a tunnel broker node in Oz. Other's do. Buy Local!
>     Some free, some commercial.
>

> Who in Australia is offering a free tunnel broker service without data limits so low
> to make it useless for normal usage, even for a home PC?
>
> Or to ask it another way, who is offering a service equivalent to HE's in Australia?

Scott - from my post here a few days ago...

Perhaps. If you'd prefer a tunnel to AU rather than all the way to US...

You can get a free IPv6 tunnel from the ARNNET Tunnel Broker 'for non production use'-
considerably better latency for local sites than running to HE -
http://www.aarnet.edu.au/network/network-operations/protocols/ipv6  and
http://broker.aarnet.net.au/

This is quite good for familiarisation and casual self-education

You can get a commercial IPv6 tunnel for a few $tens/month from IPv6Now, and also a
free tunnel for playing with  - http://ipv6now.com.au/services.php

There are several pointers to more IPv6 deployment and familiarisation resources at
www.ipv6.org.au

Paul.