[AusNOG] IPv6: "Objections to sale"

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 6 21:24:21 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I see deploying IPv6 as insurance, insurance against the day when there is an IPv6 only service that you can't reach using IPv4. The business case for it will be very similar to the other forms of insurance businesses purchase. Even better than those, which only pay out when the insured event occurs, and there are no guarantees of that, you are guaranteed to eventually get a return from your IPv6 insurance investment, because it is inevitable that it will be needed.