[AusNOG] IPv6 -"Nope, we're not at the edge" - Cisco...

Reuben Farrelly reuben-ausnog at reub.net
Wed Mar 6 18:33:19 EST 2013

On 6/03/2013 6:09 PM, Don Gould wrote:

> On 6/03/2013 7:52 p.m., Craig Askings wrote:
>> I'm curious to as which kit from Cisco, that doesn't have ipv6
>> support?  Is it their ip phones or something else?
>
> SPA100 series ATAs.  Only released last year.  It's a replacement to the
> long running SPA2102 which the WISP guys just loved.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11977/index.html
>
> SPA122 is sold as a low end router solution.
>
> SPA303 - entry level, display, IP phone for SMB.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10998/data_sheet_c78-601648.html

Add to that the SPA525G2 and friends that all run much the same
firmware.  That's the high-end of the low-end phone series.

Apparently it's on the roadmap for 2012:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2113913

Although having said that, it's only marginally more functional than an
IPv4 only phone if it doesn't have an IPv6 SIP server to talk to.  The
head end is the one thing Internode don't seem to have yet released in
their rollout...  This leads me to believe that perhaps SIP is one of
the more tricky things to get to work (which is ironic given it is
probably one of the things that most hates IPv4 NAT).

Reuben