[AusNOG] IPv6 - What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Wed Mar 6 16:25:29 EST 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 02:48:50PM +1000, Peter Tiggerdine wrote:

 > I suspect the challenges most face is Change Advisory Boards or managerial
 > oversight on configuration changes.

The question was about SMEs.  They don't tend to have CABs.

I again turn to Linux as an example.  15 years ago you'd never have
been able to get a Linux box through a CAB.  Now you can.  Why?
Expertise was developed at the low end first.

This stuff should have started a decade ago, then large enterprise
CABs would find it straightforward now.

  - mark