[AusNOG] Cloudflare offline

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Mon Mar 4 08:31:52 EST 2013

On 4/03/2013 10:21 a.m., Jethro Carr wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 04:37 +1100, Emily Ozols wrote:
>> So... Who's getting fired?

> <bit of snipping...>

> the key difference
> between a competent engineer and an incompetent one is whether they
> followed processes and handled the disaster in a professional manner.

I think a key difference is when people just fess up to a mistake so
everyone can learn from it! :)

Nothing worse than wondering what caused the stuff up and if you could
have been part of the cause.

Even worse is making a stuff up that you might not have if you'd just
known that someone else had done exactly the same thing the week before
but didn't share because they were fearful of not being able to feed
their kids the next week.

+1 for a great approach by Cloudflare!

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave