[AusNOG] IPv4

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Sun Mar 3 17:18:39 EST 2013

On 2/03/2013 7:55 p.m., James Spenceley wrote:
> But the cupboards are bare. I think the RIRs and the community have been
> pretty considered in their policies given what we inheirited (remeber
> InterNIC used to give out /8s to anyone that asked, heck GIH used to
> give out /16s if you emailed him) - Sorry to drag you in Geoff :).

With respect to APNIC, has James highlighted and problem in the world
we're now living?

Who do I 'just email' to get a v6 block that I can announce?

I can get a /48 for free from HE, but that's on the end of a very long
tunnel... or am I just showing my total ignorance here?

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau
Christchurch, New Zealand