[AusNOG] APNIC Slashes Costs for New Members

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sat Mar 2 10:36:46 EST 2013

Bevan,

At no point have I said I disagree with Jared.  It's not like he isn't in
the industry however and didn't know what was going on.  It has been
heavily talked about for years.  But getting all indignant after its all
done, isn't going to help.  We needed people involved when it actually
mattered.

I saw customers getting /17's, /18's, /19's not long before runout by lying
their asses off.. and I too talked to APNIC about it... but APNIC isn't in
the position to go call someone a liar and take back the address space...
they simply do not have the resources to do that.

I've fought hard to stop stupid policies getting through, and also fought
hard to help good ones get through.  I just wish there were more people who
actually cared enough about policy to get involved.

It is easy to sit back and whinge afterwards about how things turned out...
kind of what we do with politics in Australia. If Abbot gets in and start
f*&king shit up as is expected, we will sit around going 'hey, this isn't
right'...  Get involved in what matters BEFORE it becomes a situation you
can't change. Or just sit back and let life happen to you - but stop
whinging about it.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net