[AusNOG] APNIC Slashes Costs for New Members

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Mar 1 19:55:03 EST 2013

On 01/03/2013, at 19:04, Jared Hirst <jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> I've mentioned it to apnic and got no response.

Why would you expect a response from them? Nobody at APNIC actually runs APNIC, they just do what their members tell them to do. What do you think they're supposed to say?

By and large, APNIC members seem pretty relaxed about the whole "using less address space than you've been allocated," thing, and they've set policies accordingly. It isn't APNIC's place to disagree with those policies or say they're bad or wrong, it's their job to execute them.

> Ill take that advice
> and attend a policy meeting and voice my concerns plus show some
> evidence of it happening (I know of 10+ cases)

Randy's gonna love you.

   - mark