[AusNOG] Is anyone else sick of Tony abbot claiming Malcolm Turbull invented the internet.

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Sat Jun 29 16:53:24 EST 2013

I wonder who the other link to SU was then. Perhaps my memory fail's me.
It was over 20 years ago. There was also a dialup (but dialed up
permanently  ) connection to APANA (sydgate) on a 2400 BPS modem which
got moved to a 9600 netcomm shortly there after. It initially  was
connected to SU but got moved for affiliate reasons to mpx.

  Microplex had nothing so grand as a national network at that stage. It
was the microlink to SU back to a cisco AGS (and later a cisco 3000)
which feed two SCO servers with stallion cards. Desecrate Netcomm modems
were soon replaced with Netcomm rack modems.  This was all going on in
the front bedroom of Mark Fawcett's Ryde house. It was a good year
before we moved to StLeonards when we overfilled capacity to expand the
lead in cable of the house when the DA was full.

Matt.