[AusNOG] Is anyone else sick of Tony abbot claiming Malcolm Turbull invented the internet.

John Glendenning glendenning.j at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 18:09:39 EST 2013

Ahhh the old days of Trumpet Winsock, Netscape and Terminal.. Back then it
was a three horse dial up race between Ozemail, OnAustralia/MSN/Bigpond and
Microplex in the retail channel selling access cards.

Sean Howard gave me a payrise in the lift in my first week there (employee
23), an amazing experience!  Although they didn't obviously invent the
Internet Ozemail was a huge influencer in the development of the net.

 I'm neither pro or ante Abbott but i know that Turnbull and Howard were
definitely pioneers in Australia's internet industry..

Just my 10c worth

John Glendenning