[AusNOG] [::] APNIC DNSSEC Workshop SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA 29-31 July 2013

Jonathan Thorpe jthorpe at Conexim.com.au
Fri Jun 28 11:29:55 EST 2013

The AuDA were one of the first to discuss implementing DNSSEC, but will be one of the last registries to implement it.

New Zealand was able to do this very quickly and had their progress very nicely documented:
https://nzrs.net.nz/dns/dnssec

DNSSEC might not be perfect, but it's better to have it than nothing at all in the absence of anything better.

What's the holdup AuDA?

-----Original Message-----
From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Mark Andrews
Sent: Friday, 28 June 2013 10:50 AM
To: Elly Tawhai
Cc: ausnog at ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] [::] APNIC DNSSEC Workshop SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA 29-31 July 2013

Now if we could just get .AU and its delegated subdomains signed one could make good use of that training.

"Learn about Domain Name Security" on the .AUDA home page takes you to http://www.auda.org.au/security/security/ which doesn't even mention DNSSEC.

The DNSSEC working group has not published a report despite being convined over a year ago (April 2012).
http://www.auda.org.au/dnssecwg/dnssecwg-index/

"DNSSEC deployment to commence in .au" was announce nearly 3 years ago basically nothing has happened since.
http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-12082010/

Mark

In message <51CCDA05.6000904 at apnic.net>, Elly Tawhai writes:
> Hi AUSNOG Community,
>
> APNIC is pleased to announce that we will be conducting the following
> training course in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA.
>
>   Course:    DNSSEC Workshop (3 days)
>   Dates:     JULY 29 - 31, 2013
>   Venue:     Rose Bay Room, Park Royal Darling Harbour Sydney Hotel
>              150 Day Street, NSW 2000
>

> For registration and course information, please go to:
>
> http://training.apnic.net/events/2013/workshop-dns-securitydnssec3
>

> If you have any queries please contact <training at apnic.net>

> -------
> ---
> APNIC Training training at apnic.net
> Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)            Tel:
> +61-7-3858-3100
> http://www.apnic.net/training
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org