[AusNOG] ITNEWS: Telstra retail staff caught cancelling ISP orders

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 09:33:04 EST 2013

Yes, I was talking about the tangent of a pair being pinched on a live ULL service, not about the original topic of the thread which was Telstra sales staff cancelling stuff.

SLA's are nice, but they don't get the service restored any quicker when telstra says "higher than normal workload in that area". The reality is that if you were able to claim a rebate against a broken SLA it almost always takes you more time to do this than what the rebate is unless the service is costing you >$500/mon. If the service is something this expensive then it is almost always fixed a lot quicker anyway.

Two weeks might be the extremes that we've seen, but 3-4 days is still well within the "norm" for this kind of issue (copper being pinched) and in the most part it should be avoidable.

regards,
Tony.

For that amount of money and that level of product, you would have an SLA? Someone would then have to pay for a ridiculous 2 week downtime? They would be under an incentive to bring it back up very fast or provide an alternative while you waited. It is amazing how fast certain telcos can act if the correct internal people push things along.