[AusNOG] ITNEWS: Telstra retail staff caught cancelling ISP orders

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Sun Jun 23 12:20:42 EST 2013

On 23/06/13 11:21, Joseph Goldman wrote:
> While we're on the Telstra bashing bandwagon, a recent incident of ours
> had a customer having some voice work done to their PSTN (Which they
> rent via Telstra retail directly, DSL through us).
>
> They removed the codes from the line while fixing the voice line and
> didn't replace them. This is frustrating, annoying and common enough as
> it is, in this case we tell the EU to call Telstra and 'demand' they put
> the codes back on the line, or else we would have to charge the new
> setup, which they understandably are quite unhappy about.

I fail to see why you couldn’t handle this on your end, being a TW
customer, and instead asked the customer to fight with Telstra on the
retail PSTN side for what was clearly a DSL fault.

I had the exact same situation for three customers in the last three
months (PSTN through Telstra Retail, DSL through my work, DSL codes
getting dropped after a PSTN fault was logged by the end user).

Each time, I was able to log a DSL fault with LOLS, and it was fixed
within a matter of hours.